Manufy is the online marketplace that connects conscious brands and sustainable manufacturers from all over Europe in an efficient, transparent and – most importantly – sustainable way. By doing this we hope to be part of a future-proof industry, create more support for local sourcing, providing quality over quantity and helping businesses of all sizes grow. Manufy is currently host to more than 6,000 brands and over a 1,000 manufacturers, who find each other on the platform every day.
Manufy is looking for a:
- Sustainability Rookie Intern based in Amsterdam or Groningen, the Netherlands. The ideal candidate should have some sort of a background or interest in sustainability.
What will you be doing?
- Be the point of contact for manufacturers and buyers. Process and handle questions related to their certification.
- Develop methods and tools to monitor the process of auditing manufacturers.
- Work together with the management on executing sustainable ideas for the Manufy platform.
- Play a central role in Amsterdam / Groningen in information sharing regarding sustainability.
- Write blogs and newsletters to inform and inspire our manufacturers, buyers and freelancers.
Technical attributes of ideal candidate
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Preferably a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Sustainability, Sustainable Business & Innovation, Environmental Sciences/Management, CSR or any other related field.
- Fluent in English, both conversational and written is essential.
- Affinity with the Apparel Industry.
- Passion for the environment.
- On top of the trends regarding sustainability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Ability to “think out of the box” about new ideas around sustainability.
What else is useful to know?
We would like you to start ideally as soon as possible. The internship will be for a period of 4-6 months. You will work in our office in Amsterdam (Jacob Obrechtstraat 51) or Groningen (Sylviuslaan 5), 4 to 5 days per week. We offer you a great and constructive time working with the most entertaining, diverse, smart and admittedly weird team. You can drive positive change in an industry that really needs it.
Do you have any questions for us regarding our open positions, or do you want to provide an open application? Use this form to get in contact with us.